Battens Lane Vacancy Application
Application for affordable housing with AEOB
Please complete the form below by 24th March. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted soon after that to be invited for interview, provisionally on Thursday 29th March.
The flat will be available from 7th May, so in order to be able to give notice the successful applicant will be advised no later than Thursday 5th April.
AEOB is a not-for-profit housing organisation which currently operates one affordable housing property in the St George area of Bristol. You can find out more on our About Us page.
The goals of running through the selection process are to:
- match people in housing need with suitable units in the property
- maximise occupancy and minimise vacancy losses
- attract households who are willing to make a positive contribution to the co-op
The property contains 6 flats plus a common room, laundry and outside spaces, including parking, which are shared by all. It is well insulated with solar panels, efficient plumbing and electrical installations and underfloor heating throughout. The property is managed by AEOB in a friendly and respectful way, and the tenants have formed a co-operative to co-ordinate day to day operation of the building.
It is on a quiet street within walking distance of local shops, Hanham high street, two park areas, three primary schools (Air Balloon, Two Mile Hill & Christ Church Hanham CofE) and two secondary schools (John Cabot Academy & Hanham Woods Academy).
Flat C is a ground floor studio flat facing on to the yard. The layout is shown below.
- Rent for studio flat – £550 (£7.58 above LHA 1 bed allowance)
- + Service charge of £21 (inc. internet, management costs & window cleaning)
- + Bills
- Gas – Split per flat on a per capita basis
- Electricity – Sub-metered to each flat, plus a share of communal usage
- Water – service charge split per flat, usage split on a per capita basis
- Expectation of contributions to the building community
- Be an active positive member of the tenants organisation
- Complete a share of communal responsibilities, as agreed by the tenants organisation (e.g. putting bins out, cleaning of communal areas)
- Tenancy Details
- 6 Months initial period
- At the end of 6 months there will be a review process
- After mutually positive review an assured tenancy will be offered (tenancy for life) with 1 month notice to be given if the tenant wishes to leave at any point
- Tenancy Agreement Summary
- Only small pets allowed (i.e. no dogs, but cats ok, caged pets allowed)
- No smoking in the building
- Not to operate any trade or business at or from the property, without written consent from AEOB and agreement from tenants management organization.
- No subletting or the taking in of lodgers
- Key Dates
- Applications submitted by: 24th March
- Review of application and shortlisting: provisionally 27th March
- Interviews: provisionally 29th March
- Confirmation of offer: no later than 5th April
- Latest moved in date: 7th May
View from Front
View from Yard/Parking Area
Flat C Layout