Battens Lane Vacancy Application
Application for affordable housing with AEOB
Please complete the form below by the 15th June 2021. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted soon after that to be invited for interview, provisionally no later than the ‘tbc’.
AEOB is a not-for-profit housing organisation which currently operates one affordable housing property in the St George area of Bristol. You can find out more on our About Us page.
The Goals of running through the selection process are to:
- Match people in housing need with suitable units in the property
- Maximise occupancy and minimise vacancy losses
- Attract households who are willing to make a positive contribution to the co-op
AEOB Housing people are delighted to offer two, 2 bedroom open plan apartments in the popular area of St George. The property contains 6 flats plus a common room, laundry and outside spaces, including parking, which are shared by all. It is well insulated with solar panels, efficient plumbing and electrical installations and underfloor heating throughout. The property is managed by AEOB in a friendly and respectful way, and the tenants have formed a co-operative to co-ordinate day to day operation of the building.
It is on a quiet street within walking distance of local shops, Hanham high street, two park areas, three primary schools (Air Balloon, Two Mile Hill & Christ Church Hanham CofE) and two secondary schools (John Cabot Academy & Hanham Woods Academy).
Accommodation comprises of open plan Hallway, Kitchen, and living area.They have one double bedroom and one single.Both Flats have a Shower only bathroom.
- Rent for Flat A and Flat F – £775 per month for each flat
- Service charge of £21 (inc. internet, management costs & window cleaning)
- A small deposit of £250 required
- Bills – projected £80 pcm, subject to usage:-
- Gas – Split per flat on a per capita basis
- Electricity – Sub-metered to each flat, plus a share of communal usage
- Water – service charge split per flat, usage split on a per capita basis
- Expectation of contributions to Battens Lane Housing co-op/Community
- Be an active and positive member of the tenants co-operative
- You will be expected to take on an active role within the tenants co-operative
- These roles include:-
- – Treasurer
- – Chair
- – Maintenance liaison
- – Secretary
- You will also be expected to commit to a Six week rotational cleaning rota of all common areas including outdoor areas. You must attend monthly tenants meetings.Failure to commit to these responsibilities can affect your tenancy
These roles will be explained in more depth in the interview process
- Tenancy Details
- 6 Months initial period
- At the end of 6 months there will be a review process
- After mutually positive review an assured tenancy will be offered (tenancy for life) with 1 month notice to be given if the tenant wishes to leave at any point
- Tenancy Agreement Summary
- Only small pets allowed (i.e. no dogs, but cats ok, caged pets allowed)
- No smoking in the building
- Not to operate any trade or business at or from the property, without written consent from AEOB and agreement from tenants management organization.
- No subletting or the taking in of lodgers
- Two (2) References will be required
- Key Dates
- Applications submitted by: 15th June 2021
- Review of application and shortlisting: provisionally – ‘tbc’
- Interviews: provisionally no later than 28th June 2021
- Confirmation of offer: – ‘tbc’
- Latest moved in date: week commencing – ‘tbc’
View from Front
View from Yard/Parking Area
Flat A Layout
Flat F Layout
The Application process is now closed